Tired of boring production hunting knives that look okay on your belt but fail when it comes to skinning and camp chores? Sandstorm custom hunting knives not only look gorgeous but they can handle your toughest hunting, skinning and camp chores.
You can order your custom hunting knives with your choice of blade steel, and handle materials.
All our custom hunting knives come with the Sandstorm Promise: a lifetime warranty, free lifetime sharpening, and a leather sheath at no extra charge.
Custom Hunting Knives Blade Metal Choices
Here are your metal blade choices for your custom knife:
We use S30V steel, tempered at 60 RC, for our hunting knives. S30V is the best steel for toughness and edge holding.
Other steels (such as S35VN, the S90V, and the High Carbon Damascus) simply do not compare to the S30V.
If you’d like a Damascus knife, we use Stainless Damascus – beautifully patterned steel that is more element friendly. It holds a better edge and is much lower maintenance than High Carbon Damascus.
Custom Hunting Knives Handle Material Choices
Here are your handle choices for your custom knife.
- Common hardwoods such as cocabolo or kingwood
- Stabilized maple or paduk – stabilizing makes sure there is no warping or shrinkage
- Stabilized Burls
- G10 Fibreglass – waterproof – colours don’t fade or tarnish – solid or colour alternating layers
- Micarta – solid or colour alternated – allows for textured finish – grippier surface – can sandblast finish on canvas micarta – great for survival knives in wet conditions
- Linen Micarta – smoother finish
Our hardwoods are stabilized to ensure no warping and to moisture resistant and let us polish to a high glossy finish.
Custom Hunting Knife Pricing
- 3.5″ hunting knife with gorgeous leather sheath starts at $300
- Bull nose skinners start at $250
- Upswept skinners start at $300
ALL knives come with lifetime free sharpening – so you know your hunting knife will be ready come hunting season.
Order early – it takes time to create your custom knife. Time will vary depending on availability of materials and our current knife order queue.
For a price quote, contact us or call 250-287-2194.