Campbell River BC is known as the “Salmon Capital of the World.” So you can bet we have a LOT of fish. Custom knifemaker Scott Laughlin lives in the Salmon Capital and has made custom fishing knives for Campbell River fisherman for many years. And his custom fishing knives are not only prized locally – they’ve become treasures taken home to many other corners of the world when people come to Campbell River for the fishing and discover how well Scott’s knives work on “the big ones.”
Knives so good, they can clean the one that got away!
Cleaning fish with the usual poorly sharpened factory knives made with plastic handles and low-grade steel is a tedious chore, but Scott’s custom fishing knives makes fish cleaning a joy. These knives are of such quality, they can be passed to your children and eventually used by your grandchildren. Sandstorm custom fishing knives look stunning and all our custom fishing knives come with the Sandstorm Promise: lifetime warranty, free lifetime sharpening, and a leather sheath at no extra charge.
You can order your custom fishing knives with your choice of blade steel and handle materials.
Custom Fishing Knives Blade Metal Choices
Here is a brief explanation of the metal blade choices Scott offers for your custom knife.
- S30V – the best steel for toughness and edge holding
- CPM 154
- S35 VN – powdered tool steel
- Carbon Damascus – beautiful patterned steel
- Stainless Damascus – beautiful patterned steel that is more element friendly
Custom Fishing Knives Handle Material Choices
Here are your handle choices for your custom knife.
- Common hardwoods such as cocabolo or kingwood
- Stabilized maple or paduk – stabilizing makes sure there is no warping or shrinkage
- Stabilized Burls
- G10 Fiberglass – waterproof – colours don’t fade or tarnish – solid or colour alternating layers
- Micarta – solid or colour alternated – allows for textured finish – grippier surface – can sandblast finish on canvas micarta – great for survival knives in wet conditions
- Linen Micarta – smoother finish
Custom Fishing Knife Pricing
- A 6″ custom fishing knife with gorgeous leather sheath starts at $280.
- A 10″ custom fishing knife (salmon size) with gorgeous leather sheath starts at $425.
ALL knives come with lifetime free sharpening – so you know your knife will be ready when you are planning your fishing trip.
Order early – it takes time to create your custom knife. Time will vary depending on availability of materials and our current knife order queue.
For a price quote, contact us or call 250-287-2194.